MOMMYPAGE

Mom Suddenly Hears Her 3-Year-Old Crying Hysterically At McDonald's. When She Looks Down, She Spots An Old Syringe On The Floor

Facebook
Like

The parents of a 3-year-old in Canada were horrified when their toddler was pricked by a syringe while playing at McDonald's. Keep reading for more details!

SHARE THIS STORY WITH YOUR FRIENDS!

  • more

    More Options!

More Sharing Options

X
  • Facebook

    SHARE NOW!

  • Twitter

    SHARE NOW!

  • Email

    SHARE NOW!

  • Pinterest

    SHARE NOW!

  • Tumblr

    SHARE NOW!

  • Google+

    SHARE NOW!

  • Reddit

    SHARE NOW!

  • Flipboard

    SHARE NOW!

  • LinkedIn

    SHARE NOW!

  • StumbleUpon

    SHARE NOW!

  • Digg

    SHARE NOW!

  • We Heart It

    SHARE NOW!

Advertisement

Authorities in Canada are warning parents to always be cautious in public places after a toddler was reportedly pricked by a syringe in a McDonald’s restaurant.

According to CTV News, Victoria police confirmed that the incident occurred at a restaurant in Pandora earlier this week.

Investigators say the parents of the child were at McDonald’s when they suddenly heard their 3-year-old crying hysterically.

After soothing the crying toddler, the couple reportedly noticed a syringe on the ground and quickly realized their baby had been pricked.

Although it remains unclear if the syringe actually contained any kind of substance, police say the toddler was rushed to a nearby hospital for tests immediately.

CTV News

Police have now launched an investigation to find out whether the needle was carelessly discarded or placed at the scene intentionally, in hopes of causing harm to a child.

Wayne Krawchuk, the owner of the McDonald’s restaurant where the child was injured, said he and his staff fully intend to cooperate with police throughout the investigation.

"As the owner of a local family-friendly business, I am treating this incident with the utmost priority and taking the situation very seriously," Krawchuk told CTV Vancouver.

According to investigators, the location of the fast-food restaurant is in an area commonly frequented by drug users.

Our Place Society, a charity with a mission to help drug users in the area, said what happened to the toddler is extremely upsetting and heartbreaking for the entire community.

"It's devastating to hear that a child has been pricked by a dirty needle, and I'm just horrified to know that that happened in our community," said Don Evans, the charity’s executive director.

Evans also revealed that Our Place Society, which is located across the street from the McDonald’s restaurant where the syringe was found, performs routine checks in the area to make sure syringes are deposited in a safe manner.

"We're going to increase our sweeps and do more so we can try to prevent it from happening," Evans said.

He added that, “as long as there are people severely addicted to drugs that are living on our street, there will be risks.”

After this story was shared on Facebook, a few commenters were quick to blame the child’s parents for what happened.

“My question is why weren't the parents watching their 3 year old?” one person wrote, while another added: “How a toddler could get the hand in the bin is beyond me. Where are the parents?”

Others insisted that the placement of the syringe in a public McDonald’s seemed intentional.

“This was intentional, all disposable syringes have a needle snap off capability for disposal. People who do this are scum.......,” one man wrote.

Some commenters also slammed charities that provide clean needles for drug users, blaming them for enabling drug use in the area.

“Clinics and these vans that drive around handing out clean needles and pipes should be banned. As an ex needle user. This would be best. I get it is for the user to stay clean but u find disgarded needles everywere. I always had a bin that was sealed. And never left out but nobody is like that anymore. If users start getting sick well then maybe it will click in to stop,” one woman wrote.

 

Share This Story On Facebook!