It’s Naptime! 5 Tips to Remember Before Your Baby Takes a Nap
Putting your baby down to take a nap will be a challenge some days. Your baby might be restless but, at the same time, cranky and in need of a nap. You might be trying everything you possibly can to help your baby take a nap. Here are 5 great tips to help your baby rest:
- A Comfortable Temperature- The temperature of the room your baby is napping in should be between 68 to 72 degrees. A warmer or colder temperature might make the baby wake up earlier than expected and lose sleep. More importantly, the room temperature should be consistent and the baby should be comfortable.
- Minimal Noise- Typically, babies fall asleep easier without any distracting noises. Your baby will probably have a more restful sleep if the television is turned off and if other loud noises are eliminated. Your entire house does not necessarily need to be completely silent as long as the baby’s sleeping area isn’t bothered by the noise.
- Low or Dark Light- It is very important that any lights near the baby are turned down low or completely off. Placing your little one in a room that can be dimmed or dark will be helpful. In response, your baby will understand that it is time to sleep. Shades are great to have in the room so you can simply close them, removing light from your baby’s eyes.
- Sleeping on the Back- The best position for the baby to sleep is on the back. Experts have found that the back is the most comfortable for the baby. Sleeping on her tummy may lead to risk of obtaining SIDS. The back is the safest position for you baby!
- Resting in the Crib- A bed crib is always a great place for your baby to sleep. However, experts have found that a crib is the best location for a baby to nap. Your baby’s playpen, car seat, or stroller is not recommended. Babies are not conditioned to sleep in these areas and may become energetic rather than tired in response.
With these five things to remember, your baby will have more restful naps. Now you can enjoy some time to rest, relax, or recover from your energetic baby!