The Domestic Mama & The Village Cook – an interview with Michelle Keith
An interview with Michelle Keith aka, The Domestic Mama & The Village Cook.
What is one thing about me not many people know?
Well, if I tell it- then everyone will know! Just kidding.
I have a hard time growing tomatoes.
One of my favorite ways to spend an afternoon is to organize an area of the house, the garage, a closet, a drawer- anything! I love that “just organized” feeling. Too bad they don’t stay organized for long.
I loathe talking on the phone.
I have toes that remind me of Fred Flinstone’s.
My biggest challenge being a mom?
A few things: Childbirth–that was a doozy.
Becoming an “instant” mom, as my husband and I are the primary parents for my stepdaughter, was a challenge.
I think my challenges these days are balancing fun activities for the girls with the six year age gap. Also, reminding myself that each stage that they are in, is a temporary period- whether I like it or not. I am trying to enjoy them as much as I can. There will be a day that they will be too “cool” to hang out with mom & dad.
The main thing kids do that I wish they wouldn’t?
Common mistakes I see moms making?
Who am I to judge? I think we have all had a time in the grocery store with a tantrum. Everyone handles situations differently. You can’t really judge someone’s parenting based on a situation or random observations.
My top ten tips for moms?
1) If you can, breastfeed.
2) When they start walking, I mean falling, get a tube of Arnica for the bumps and bruises.
3) Remind yourself that whatever stage they are in now, it won’t last forever.
4) Potty training happens. Don’t stress over it. Nobody ever started 1st grade in diapers.
5) Big purses make good diaper bags.
6) “We’ll see” is a great answer.
7) “Maybe” works good too.
8) Be nice to your man. You have to live with him after the kids grow up, so don’t lose your connection.
9) Go “all out” for stuffed animals, birthdays, or tea parties once in a while.
10) Don’t be scared to check out thrift and consignment stores for things, it’s cool to save money.
My favorite brands?
Most people that know me know I am totally clueless about brand names- but here are the few I know and love (and where I shop):
Swing-A-Way- grocery store
Books- Amazon & thrift stores
If you want to contact me, I’m here and there…
Facebook : facebook.com/thedomesticmama
If you would like to be interviewed please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org