Threeloudkids – an interview with Stephanie Rutledge
Meet Kentucky work at home mom and blogger Stephanie Rutledge
Tell me about your family and your blog?
I met my husband in middle school (yep, middle school). I am a work at home mom to my three amazingly loud children: two boys, ages 10 and 9, and one princess who is 8. We moved from Florida to Kentucky three years ago and we are still adjusting to the different culture. Between being a mom, blogging, my work and my twitter addiction, I stay pretty busy. I started my blog as a place to vent and talk about mommy hood, but it quickly evolved into something much bigger. I blog about pretty much everything AND the kitchen sink!
What is your biggest challenge being a mom?
Having patience. Sometimes my kids just drive me nuts, absolutely, totally and completely nuts. I have to remind myself to breathe and just stay calm.
What do you use coupons and special offers for when you shop?
I used to be huge on coupons. The most I do now is use the Key Ring app on my iPhone to keep up with all my store discount cards.
What are your top 10 tips for moms?
1. Give up, you’re never going to get to go to the bathroom in peace.
2. Allow your kids to be themselves, even if that means putting up with scraggly Justin Bieber looking hair.
3. Make sure they know you love them.
4. Your house will never be 100% clean. Stop stressing about it and have fun!
5. Buy generic, its almost always the same.
6. Giving your kid candy isn’t the end of the earth, especially if it means preventing an all out war at the grocery store check out.
7. It doesn’t take big expensive activities to make your kid happy. Let your kids play in the mud. It’s a huge mess, but you won’t believe the amount of fun they will have.
8. Pick your fights.
9. Cook with your kids. Not only is it teaching them how to cook, but its an amazing bonding experience.
10. Take time for yourself, even if it means parking your kid in front of a TV. Its good for your sanity!
What are your favorite brands and where do you buy them?
I really don’t have specific brands but I have places I enjoy like Target. I could live in that place. I also love any kind of thrift store. I love rummaging in old stuff.
Blog: http://threeloudkids.com Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Fan page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Three-Loud-Kids/189376921084107and
If you would like to be interviewed please contact: email@example.com